Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcoming 2012

It is a Happy New Year for 2012. Mood is feel good.

There are some things I too would like in this year.

1. I would wish that SSD intake increases on the major storage boxes.

2. This would change the game in the storage industry, the way OS are written, the way file system drivers are written, and ultimately how we see applications.

3. SSD’s can be a role changer at all levels. The most effect in the storage industry would be seen around best practices. Best practices seem to be a decade behind current technology.

 

The second change I would like to see, basically in Singapore where I live now is, adoption of cloud computing at the enterprise, SME as well as the home model. The Community Centres can become data centers. Computing as well storage can be centralized here. Home laptops or desktops can harness this power. But this looks something that might materialize only in 2013 or later.

 

By the way, at the personal level I would like to do some basic video editing this year. I have hundreds of video clips taken using my mobile. I wanted some discipline to come in this direction.

 

Happy New Year again.

No comments: